Air Piping Systems
CFM Air Equipment is a full stocking distributor of Kaeser SmartPipe. From 2-1/2” (63mm), 2" (50mm), 1-1/2” (40mm), 1” (25mm), and ½” (16.5mm) pipe to an extensive range of accessories we have it in our Calgary, Regina and Winnipeg warehouse.
- This catalog has no sub-catalogs.
Kaeser SmartPipe Aluminum Pipe Systems
- Available in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Call 1-800-665-9725 (Alberta), 1-306-580-9000 (Saskatchewan), or 1-877-323-7247 (Manitoba) for pricing
- OR request a quote below
Kaeser SmartPipe Aluminum Pipe Systems for Compressed Air, Vacuum, or Neutral Gases
Compressed Air PipingCompressed Air Piping Piping selection directly affects the three key elements of every compressed air system: flow, pressure, and air quality. Poor choices in pipe materials, diameter, and layout cause flow restrictions, often resulting in significant pressure drop. Pressure drop is a main cause of increased energy consumption and under-performing tools and equipment. Choices in piping also directly impact installation costs. Heavier materials increase fatigue and slow work, especially in overhead installations. Also consider the types of fittings to be used. Some connection types cause pressure drop, need special tools, and take more time to install.
SmartPipe System BenefitsKaeser’s SmartPipe is a modular compressed air distribution system that offers both lower installation costs and lower long term operating costs. It is an excellent choice for compressed air and inert gas distribution for pressures up to 188 psig (13 bar) (consult factory for higher pressures) in temperatures from -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to 60°C). SmartPipe is also ideal for vacuum up to 98.7% (29.6” Hg).
What's so smart about SmartPipe?Ease of Installation
Fast to install and easy to modify, Kaeser SmartPipe is the most versatile compressed air distribution system available. Our combination of lightweight materials and connectors dramatically reduces labor and installation time, especially in overhead installations. SmartPipe is ideal for installations requiring the highest quality air, because it is aluminum it will not rust or corrode. Further, it has no rough surfaces or interior restrictions that accumulate contaminants. The smooth interior with full bore design allows laminar flow to your dryers and filters for efficient removal.
Optimum Flow and Quality
SmartPipe’s smooth calibrated aluminum construction has a low coefficient of friction, providing the best possible laminar flow. Full bore fittings further minimize pressure drop for optimum flow and energy efficiency. Leak free connectors prevent air loss and wasted energy.
Technical SpecificationsSmartPipe is designed for use with compressed air, vacuum, and inert gases. Please consult factory for use with other fluids.
Pressure and Temperature Ranges
Aluminum Pipe Specification
- Normal working pressure and temperature: 188 psi, -4°F to ±140°F
- Maximum operating pressure and temperature: 232 psi, -4°F to ±115°F
- Storage temperature: -40°F to +176°F
- Max vacuum: 98.7% (29.6” Hg)
- Consult factory for higher pressures or temperatures
- 6063-T5 aluminum grade
- Extruded pipe conforms to standards EN755.2, EN755.8 and EN573.3
- Smooth bore ID for optimal flow rate performance
- Powder coat in BLUE (RAL5012/BS1710) with QUALICOAT CERTIFIED lacquer finish exterior
- Consult factory for availability of other colors
SizingSelect the SmartPipe diameter for your application based on required flow and pressure drop. Estimated Values: Closed loop system at 100 psi with a 5% pressure drop.
Example An application requires a Kaeser BSD 60 @ 110 psi with the appropriate clean air treatment. The application process cannot tolerate a pressure drop of more than 2.5 psi in the main header when the main header pressure is 100 psi. Kaeser BSD 60 @ 110 psi = 290 cfm (FAD) Main header total pipe length (including equivalent length for all fittings) = 1000 ft. Main header pressure = 100 psi Pipe size selected from the chart = 63 mm diameter pipe.
Note:1) To calculate the pressure drop at the point of use, add up the equivalent pipe length for all connectors and air treatment equipment.2) It is important to keep in mind the maximum pipe velocity for each section of the compressed air distribution system.a. Not to exceed 15 ft/s (5 m/s) pipe velocity in the compressor roomb. Not to exceed 30 ft/s (10 m/s) pipe velocity in main headerc. Not to exceed 45 ft/s (15 m/s) pipe velocity in the branch lines
SafetyAll SmartPipe components are non-flammable with no propagation of flame.
- Pipe-to-pipe and male connectors, ball valves, and butterfly valves conform to UL94HB standard
- Fixture clips conform to UL94V-2 standard
- Flexible hoses conform to ISO 8030 norm for compressed air applications, and to EN 12115 norm for vacuum applications
- Pipe powder coat finish is classified M0 Electrical Conductivity In areas of potential risk, the grounding and electrical continuity of metallic components are obligatory. The SmartPipe system can be used in such environments by undertaking the appropriate precautions according to your local codes.
SmartPipe conforms to European standard 97/23 CEE-§3.3 (equipment under pressure)
CertificationSmartPipe meets the requirement of ASME B31.1 which stipulates the minimum requirements for the design, materials, fabrication, installation, test, and inspection of power and auxiliary piping systems for industrial plants. SmartPipe is manufactured under an ISO 9001 Version 2000 Quality Management System. SmartPipe is certified TÜV as a pledge of safety and quality. SmartPipe also conforms to European standard 97/23 CEE- §3.3 regarding equipment under pressure and is registered with Canadian Technical Standards & Safety Authority. Kaeser warrants its SmartPipe products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase of the products. QUALICOAT certification is a guarantee of the quality of the lacquer finish applied to the SmartPipe aluminum pipe.
Don't see what you're looking for?
Chances are we have the compressed air equipment or parts you need. Contact us at 800-665-9725 (Calgary), 877-323-7247 (Winnipeg) or 306-580-9000 (Regina) to speak to one of our sales specialists.